Monday, November 3, 2014

What's up, world? Let's do this.


Welcome to my first major series for this little space of mine. I am picking up steam as we head into the holiday season (it's the most wonderful time of the yearrrrr!). 

I was working through a T-25/PiYo hybrid schedule workout for the last couple weeks, but looking at the calendar last night I realized that as of this upcoming Thursday, we are officially three weeks away from Thanksgiving.

And honestly, what better way to fight holiday bloat and weight gain than to do another round of a program that only takes 21 days and promises results, as long as you make the commitment to do it right?

Enter 21 Day Fix. 
Cue the angels singing. 
This program is legit.

And Autumn is my homegirl.

I did my first round of 21 Day Fix back in June. I was doing it with two challengers of mine who saw amazing results, but I couldn't personally use the program as a means to lose weight, just maintain. My mom got married at the beginning of July, and I had strict instructions not to go down a dress size for my bridesmaid dress ;) So I followed the program, did the workouts, and used the meal plan in a way that would help me maintain my current weight. It worked, and I still managed to tone my arms and legs. The dress was a little looser than when I bought it, so I knew the next time I completed a round I would go all in and get those results. And I would keep going.

This round, this time, it. is. so. on.

I'm doing it up this time!

The fact is, the average American will gain 7-12 pounds in the few weeks between Halloween and New Years Eve. My goal is to complete two cycles of 21 Day Fix and LOSE 15-20 pounds between now and New Years Eve.

Why? Because I don't want to be a statistic of unhealthy habits. 

Take that, candy and cookies and cake.

And, to be honest, I've found myself slipping anyway. This time of the year is always insane, so it is too easy to backslide into old habits: getting those few extra minutes of sleep every morning, grabbing take-out for dinner because I don't feel like cooking and "there's not enough time", skipping my workout because "I'll double up tomorrow." 

And then doubling up never happens. 

I'm not perfect, nor will I ever claim to be, but I do understand that it's up to me to change the trend that I've found myself in. It's time to course-correct.

So I'm doing just that, starting on Thursday.



It will require a little bit of planning on my part, but that's why I'm here. I am going to show my process, from start to finish, and I'm putting myself all out there. Mostly for me, to keep myself accountable, and secondly to show others that it can be done. Anyone can do this. You just have to want it.

I'll be posting Monday - Wednesday - Friday for the next four weeks. I'll be sharing my progress, my thoughts, and tips that I find helpful as I work toward my goals.

I am hoping to come out of this more motivated than ever and ready to reach my goals, and I'm hoping to help inspire you, too.

Welcome to this crazy 21 day journey. 
Let's do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3