Saturday, November 29, 2014

21 Day Fix Recap

How was everyone's holiday? Mine was awesome, followed up by a full day of shopping yesterday. I am not much of a Black Friday shopper, but sometimes you just go with the flow. Got some great deals, and now I am prepping to put up my Christmas decorations and officially getting into the holiday spirit.

I know I promised before and after photos on Friday, but the hustle and bustle got the best of me and I slacked off yesterday! So here is my recap, in all it's glory.

First up, some thoughts on the program:

I LOVE IT. I never felt hungry during the 21 days, and the workouts are short enough that there is no excuse to not get them in each day, but you'll be feeling it the next day. However, if your eating is already impeccable, the container system will probably be more of an annoyance than anything. The workouts are fantastic, but I would say this is a program for people who are just starting out or need to get back on the wagon big time. For me, I used it keep myself focused on the goal. I knew that using the containers and following the meal plan to a T would bring me results.

As for the 3 Day Quick Fix--sorry to say, I made it through one day and decided to stop. I'll be honest. I guess maybe picking the final three days before the holiday was not my best idea, because I turned into a frazzled, stressed out bear of a woman after only one day.

But that leads me to my next point: my results.

Even after not following the 3 Day Quick Fix, I still managed to lose 9.2 pounds. Yes, maybe doing the 3 Day Quick Fix would have landed me squarely at 10 pounds lost (and probably more), but I am VERY happy with these results!

I lost a total of 4.5 inches, including 2 inches off my waist.

I am officially into the 180's again...a number I haven't seen since before I had Peyton (3+ years ago!). I went dress shopping on Wednesday night for my dad's wedding in a couple weeks, and was SHOCKED when I realized I went down another full dress size! I am now two sizes away from my pre-pregnancy dress size and I am closer than EVER!

And now to get really vulnerable: the photos.

I'll admit that posting photos of my belly makes me SUPER insecure. My stomach hasn't seen the sun since 2010, it's stretched out and honestly, it's the part of my body that, sometimes, I am most sensitive about. But I am choosing to show these pictures because I am a MOTHER. Our bodies are perfect in the sense that we carried a child for 9 months and then brought them into the world ourselves. They're my tiger stripes. I earned them.



Oh hey, did I mention I have little baby biceps now? ;) Flexing is my new favorite!

So, what's next?

I'll be doing another round of 21 Day Fix starting on December 1. Then I'll give myself a couple weeks to rest (but not go crazy!), following no particular program, but making sure I am doing SOMETHING each day.

And then, in January:



I have always wanted to do Insanity. Always. But, I know the length of the workouts is intimidating to me, and the truth is--I really don't like cardio. But, a new program with 30 minute workouts that INVITES you to hit your limit, since that's how to measure progress? Sounds like a plan to me. Several coaches have been invited to complete a test group of this program before it releases on December 2, and even their 30 day results are crazy! I'll be creating a challenge group in January for this program, so if you want to have crazy results by March, let's chat!

Have a great weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3