Thursday, August 6, 2015

Why Not Shakeology?

Ah, Shakeology, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

Fewer cravings.
Less bloating.
Feeling satisfied between meals.
Um, "regularity."
Fewer bouts of illness.
Stronger hair and nails.
Clearer skin.

I love it.

But when I tell people I require Shakeology for the majority of my Elite Boot Camps, I meet all the resistance in the world.


The truth is, I get it. I really do.

I was not ready to jump in headfirst myself. I had probably all the same arguments and excuses you do:

Would it be worth it?
Why is it so darn expensive?
Am I really a "shake" person?
Will it be gross?
Can't I just go get protein powder at GNC or something?

I bit the bullet in May 2014 and ordered a bag. I told myself I'd try it for a month and if I didn't like it I would stop ordering more bags, and if I HATED it I could always get my money back (I mean, a product whose company would give you your money back even if you returned an empty bag has to be legit).

It's been 419 days, and I have had 419 shakes. Give or take a few. But the moral of the story is: I am hooked. I am head over heels for Shakeology.

If you are on the fence, or even in complete disbelief that a product like Shakeology is for you, I am here to debunk some of your doubts. From a doubter to another doubter--this is for you.

Would it be worth it?
Any investment in your health is worth it. The convenience, the ingredients, the results--THOSE are what is worth it.

Convenience--I am, admittedly, not a get-up-and-get-breakfast person. It's the most important meal of the day. But I struggle finding a.) the appetite and b.) the time to make breakfast in the morning. Blending up a scoop of Shakeology with some fruit and almond milk in less than five minutes sounds pretty darn good to me. I also build it into my schedule for the day: if I'm running out the door and know I'll need a snack or some sort of sustenance to keep me from getting "hangry" (you know you've been there too!), I'll mix up some Shakeology and out the door I go.

Ingredients--I'll explain more below, but you can't beat it. Read the back of a Shakeology bag and your mind will be blown at some of the stuff that's in there. Goji berries? Camu-camu? Ginkgo? Yacon Root? If I were to juice or make my own version of these shakes at home, I wouldn't even know where or if I could find these ingredients handily placed on my grocery store shelves.

Results--my love letter to Shakeology knows no bounds, really. I listed most of the benefits I've seen at the start of this post, and really--it's all true.

I've kept my nutrition in check.
I don't crave sugar or junk food anymore.
I cut out my several cups of coffee a day habit.
I have avoided every sniffle, cold, and cough my daughter brings home (except for the devil flu we had over last Christmas...but I feel like that unavoidable)
My digestion system is running on all cylinders, so no more icky bloated feeling.

Why is it so darn expensive?
Because you're paying for quality. A lot of shakes contain fillers, preservatives, soy, and artificial ingredients, but you won't find that in Shakeology. Shakeology is made up of whole foods. High-quality ingredients. When you order a bag of Shakeology, you are essentially ordering the highest-quality meal you can possibly feed yourself once a day for the next 30 days. That is 30 days of replacing one meal a day with superfoods that you can't find anywhere else altogether like that.

It's $4 a day for quality.

Am I really a "shake" person?
Are you a vitamin person? As in, do you take a multivitamin every day? Because you really should be.

Some fun facts:
There are 13 vitamins that are considered essential for proper body function.
Shakeology contains all of them--there are actually 23 vitamins and minerals in Shakeology.

Do you know what else it contains?

Proteins and amino acids for muscle building and repair, healthy skin and nails, brain function and immune system support.
Antioxidants to protect from free radicals and cellular damage.
Phytonutrients to promote healthy aging, detoxification, and the ideal alkaline state.
Adaptogen Herbs to naturally increase energy, promote cognitive function, calmness, and helps your body cope with environmental stressors.
Prebiotics to help strengthen the immune system.
Probiotics to promote healthy digestion.
Digestive Enzymes to promote better assimilation of nutrients into the body.

If you were to buy individual supplements for a lot of these things, in addition to your current multivitamin, you'd probably spend a couple hundred dollars at the very least. Shakeology makes it a tidy, convenient way to get the best support your body needs to function optimally.

I bet that would make you a shake person.

Will it be gross?
Heck no. My shake is the best part of my day, and you know why? Because it tastes like dessert. I mean, who gets to eat chocolate for breakfast and feel okay about it? I do. And there are SIX varieties to choose from--chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, greenberry, vegan chocolate, and vegan tropical strawberry.

My personal favorite? Vegan chocolate with a blended banana, unsweetened almond milk, and ice. I can drink that every morning and never ever get bored.

Can't I just go get protein powder at GNC or something?
You could. But why would you just want protein when you can get an entire package of nutrition? And if you were to buy a container of your run-of-the-mill powder at the store, you'd STILL need to spend the extra money to add the superfood ingredients to even bring it up to par with Shakeology. You can't find a protein powder anywhere that wears as many hats in such a wholesome way as Shakeology. Because Shakeology isn't just protein. It's an entire meal.

So, really...when I tell my clients that they need to invest in themselves by including Shakeology in their Elite Boot Camp experience, I am not trying to upsell.

My job as a coach is to ensure they get the appropriate support they need to see results and feel amazing, and Shakeology gives them the best chance at that success--because it is really one of the best and easiest thing they can do for themselves during the time they spend with me during Boot Camp--and beyond.

Mustering up the motivation to push play on your Insanity workout? That can be hard.

Blending up something in your kitchen that tastes good and has amazing benefits? Easy peasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3