Sunday, January 10, 2016

3 Day Refresh Review {Day 3 & Final Thoughts}

Read about Day 1 here!
Read about Day 2 here!

Day 3 of the Refresh--and the 3 Day Refresh itself--is a wrap!

Today was by far the easiest of the three days. Maybe it was because I knew this was my last day? Probably.

I woke up feeling good, no bloating, headache GONE (yeah!), and I was able to get through the entire day without feeling terribly hungry at all. I had plenty of energy--I was up and out the door early to get my food shopping done, cleaned the house, squeezed in Day 1 of PiYo, and meal prepped for the week. I cut out the tea breaks completely today due to the Daniel Fast starting today and replaced it with water and I am feeling awesome.

Meals were the same as Days 1 & 2. I am certainly not going to miss green beans for lunch every day ;)

My jeans are not feeling as snug as they were on Wednesday, and overall I feel like a million bucks. This was the perfect way to acclimate myself to a plant-based diet, because that's what I've got going on for the next three weeks now.

Would I do this again? I could see myself doing this quarterly as maintenance. The experience was not as terrible as I thought it would be, and I appreciate the fact that Beachbody developed a program that enforces actually EATING during a detox.

Here are a few takeaways from the 3 Day Refresh:

  • Fiber Sweep is not that bad, ya'll. The trick is to mix it up with super cold water and chug chug chug. 
  • Coconut oil will be your new best friend. I have a rekindled love for all things coconut oil.
  • Vanilla Fresh is like dessert at lunch and dinner. Seriously, I looked forward to it every day.
  • You will never pee so much in your entire life. 
  • If you are a coffee drinker, start weaning yourself off of caffeine a few days ahead of time. That withdrawal headache was so annoying. 
I'm just really glad I made a liar out of myself and gave it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3