Monday, November 23, 2015

Your Thanksgiving Day Game Plan

Here we are: it's Thanksgiving week!

I am well into Week 6 and Beta Phase of Focus T25, and so far I'm down almost 7.5 pounds! This week is going to prove tricky because I want to keep up the momentum, not fall behind.

I've been putting a lot of thought into Thanksgiving, namely all the food that comes with the holiday. I could see myself getting derailed fast and I don't want to undo all that discipline and hard work I've been putting in.

So, I put together a game plan for myself to enjoy the holiday, but not stuff myself like a turkey.



First thing's first:
I'm going to wake up and WORK OUT. I am going to set my intention for the day and get started on the right foot. I've got Dynamic Core on the schedule, so I'll knock that out first thing that morning.

Shakeology for breakfast:
Not only will this fill me up, but it helps reduce my cravings for sweet treat.

Stay hydrated:
I'll be sure to drink my 100 oz. of water that I drink daily throughout the day, including before each meal.

Moderation, moderation, moderation:
Can I just tell you that I love carbs? I could honestly eat an entire plate of stuffing and mashed potatoes and call it a day. But I won't--instead I will practice a serious case of moderation, keep proper portion sizes in mind, and ENJOY the meal. I will take my time, chew, and savor each bite. Food is good, yes, but I need to remember I am also fueling my body. I don't want to eat until I feel sick and sluggish. I've done that before, and it's never fun.

Prepare, prepare, prepare:
We have a couple stops to make on Thanksgiving Day. I have already told myself that dinner is my "cheat meal," but what about all those other stops? I will be sure to eat a small, healthy meal before I leave. This way I won't be starving when I show up and I'll be less likely to go overboard with my food choices. Another tip is to offer to bring a dish--and make it a healthy one. That way at least you'll know that there is an option that is healthy.

Don't drink my calories:
Wine and alcoholic beverages are plenty on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, those drinks also carry a lot of added sugar and calories. I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. I've set a three, reasonably-sized, drink maximum for the entire day and will be sure to drink lots of water in between.

One big splurge:
Let's face it; I'm having some pumpkin pie. But only one slice. A small slice. No extra fixings.

Long story short, I am going to ENJOY my holiday, yes, but I am NOT going to derail all this hard work! I am determined to get that head start on everyone else when it comes to New Years resolutions and it starts now.

Cheers to a no-gain holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3