Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Crockpot Chicken Fajita Bowls {Whip It Up Wednesday}

Happy Wednesday, darlings!

This week's Whip It Up Wednesday--Crockpot Chicken Fajita Bowls--is a meal that can be prepped in the morning, left to cook throughout the day in the crockpot, and then all you have to do when you get home from work is make some brown rice or warm some tortillas--it is THAT easy. I always keep a container of  pre-made 21 Day Fix Southwestern Seasoning in my pantry, so I was able to throw this together in about five minutes and I let my crockpot do the rest of the work.

This is great for dinner, or for lunch. I made enough to have for lunch this week PLUS I froze a few extra servings to use in a pinch.

This week's recipe also begs the question: why do all my crockpot meals come out looking like a mishmash of stuff (hint: because it IS a mishmash of stuff)? I feel like there is no taking a pretty picture of meals that come out of a crockpot. But it sure does taste good!

One of these days I'll actually time my recipe photos to take place during the day when the sun is out..
But for now, enjoy this photo from 5:00 AM in my dark kitchen!
Ingredients:

3 lb. chicken breasts
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 cup salsa
Juice from one lime
2 tbsp. 21 Day Fix Southwest Seasoning (1 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. coriander, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. sea salt)
Whole grain tortillas or brown rice
Optional garnishes: lettuce, diced tomato, diced red onion, jalapenos, avocado slices, shredded cheese, plan nonfat greek yogurt

Pour half the can of diced tomatoes with green chiles over the bottom of your crockpot.
Add half of the pepper and onion slices. Squeeze half the lime over the veggies.
Layer your chicken over the peppers and onion. Season with Southwest Seasoning.
Spread salsa over chicken breasts.
Top with remaining peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, and squeeze the other half of the lime over everything.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork.
Serve over a bed of brown rice or a whole grain tortilla with your choice of garnish.

Enoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3