Friday, November 13, 2015

Fitness Friday {Accountability}

Happy Friday, friends!

Reporting from the trenches this week--I am finding myself at the end of Week 4 of Focus: T25. This means I've got one more week of Alpha phase and am looking at a week of three, THREE, Total Body Circuits. My body is already crying.

But in all seriousness, this week I am focusing on non-scale victories because last Saturday's STATurday wasn't all that encouraging, and after a weekend-long pity party I rearranged my attitude to focus on the things that did go right:

  • My jeans are fitting better.
  • I am able to do all push ups on my toes instead of dropping to my knees halfway through.
  • I am sleeping better.
  • My nutrition has been on point this week.
  • I have developed a nice rhythm to my day and schedule.

When I jumped on the scale last weekend, I was disappointed to see the scale move in the direction I did NOT want it to move.


The week before?


You see the dilemma here.

I know, I know, it wasn't even a whole pound, but still. I had to face the fact that cheating during the weekends all day every day is NOT going to help me get to where I want to be; it's only going to make the work week an uphill battle trying to undo all the damage I've done throughout the weekend.

Regardless, I am still down almost six and a half pounds and five and a half inches. I quit throwing myself a pity party and realized that a.) I can still show up every day and focus on baby steps toward progress and b.) I need to practice what I preach that the scale is not the be-all, end-all.

That's the reason I started this post with a list of the positives. I still want to be honest and transparent during my journey because it certainly is not all rainbows and daisies, but at the same time I want to be constantly celebrating that I am making small strides every day toward reaching my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3