Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Faves {Stitch Fix Edition}

**Referral Links in this post--if you sign up for Stitch Fix with my links I will earn a small credit toward future Fixes, 
but once you sign up you can share get your own referral link to share!**

Happy Friday!

It's time for Friday Faves, and this week we are jumping back into Stitch Fix mode!

If you aren't familiar with Stitch Fix, it's a personal styling service that puts the clothing selections in the hands of a personal stylist, with some help from you. When you sign up, you fill out a style profile, link your Pinterest board, and tell your stylist about you, and that's it! You can leave notes for your stylist as you think of special requests, and now with the Stitch Fix app you can even send photos. You schedule how often you'd like to receive boxes, and pay a $20 styling fee per box. Your stylist will refer to your provided info, choose five pieces that they think will suit you best, and send it to your doorstep!

You have three business days to try everything on in the comfort of your own home and send what you don't like back in a pre-paid envelope. The rest you pay for and keep--and here's the best part--that $20 styling fee gets applied to whatever you hang onto. Even better: keep all five pieces and get 25% off.



One of my most popular posts is Why Stitch Fix is a Busy Mom's Best Friend and I still stand by that. Nothing beats someone else doing your clothes shopping for you and getting to try stuff on at home!

I postponed my boxes for a time while I worked on a personal budget, so I was super excited to schedule a box for October. Most of my Fall clothes are OLD--as in pre-Peyton old--so getting some new seasonally-appropriate stuff to add to my closet was a priority for this box. I requested jeans, something burgundy to wear at Thanksgiving, a sweater, or Fall staples in general. And my stylist did not disappoint!

(I hope you are ready for photos taken in Peyton's windowless bathroom because I ran out of time to take photos of the actual clothing while it was still daylight. One of these days I will invest in a nice floor mirror and manage my time better and all will be right with the world.)

Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater {$58}

All bathroom photos will include Peyton's Minnie Mouse bathrobe.
You're welcome.
This sweater was soft, perfect for layering and had elbow patches--LACE elbow patches. Sold, even though the price was a little higher than I would have liked. I convinced myself that the application of the styling fee would lessen the sting and make it worth it--and I don't regret it one bit.


Mira Skinny Jean {$78}


I wanted to like these jeans--as a matter of fact, I DID like them. They were soft. They were pull-on. They were forgiving. I specifically requested jeans in this Fix, and my stylist listened. But they were just on the verge of being too big at the waist and a little baggier at the ankle than I like my skinny jeans. I considered the price tag, the fit right now, and the fact that I was still losing weight and decided to send them back. Sad face.

Tina Checkered Infinity Scarf {$34} & Rowca Scoop Neck Pull Over Sweater {$68}


I asked for a sweater, and this one was so soft and cozy and really just perfect and I could have styled it with so many things in my closet already, but I had already decided that the elbow patch sweater was my soulmate sweater for this Fix and there was no room in the budget for a $70 sweater. So I pouted, folded it up, and put it in the "return" pile.

The scarf on the other hand--KEEPER! It is so soft, I love the plaid and the neutral color so I can wear it with a ton of stuff I already have. Except it's been 70 degrees since I got this and haven't been able to wear it. Boo. Come on, Fall, get your act together.

Dolly Zipper Back Top {$58}



This was my burgundy piece I asked for and was so excited about it when I pulled it out of the box. The color was exactly what I had pictured; it would have gone perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans and booties, and I LOOOOOVED the zipper detail in the back. On the hanger it looked nice and drapey, but on me it ws a fail. It fit strangely around the bust and thus it just laid funny. This one got away, but I have hopes I'll find one similar one day!

If the stars aligned and all the pieces fell into place just so, I would have totally kept everything in this box. My stylist was completely on point and picked things out that were on-trend, my style, and seasonally appropriate. I wound up keeping 2 of the 5 pieces, and I am so looking forward to my next box in December!

If you haven't yet, sign up to get your first box here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3