Friday, July 31, 2015

Fitness Friday: 21 Day Fix Update & Results

Final results of 21 Day Fix are in! I wrapped up this round on Sunday night, and jumped on the scale, just to see how awesome I did.

Truth?

I lost 3.7 pounds total. I am in the 180s for the first time in a LONG time.

Other truth?

I lost 4.5 inches, 2 of which were off my waist.

Some people might read this and think "that's it? THREE pounds?"

But to myself, I say this: not too shabby for going on vacation during the third and final week of the program. I'll settle for those results. I will be happy for these results. Wanna know why?

This reinforced that, with everything, there needs to be balance.

I'll admit--by the end of week 2 I was down almost 6 pounds. If I had gone hard, really kept my food in check, followed a doubles schedule, and just dialed it in 100%, I can guarantee I would have probably brought that total loss to at least 10 pounds.

But then vacation happened. And I was not going to restrict, and impose crazy workout schedules on myself when there was fun to be had with my daughter, and refuse to indulge for 7 straight days. Maybe it's my fault for planning this round to coincide with my vacation, but hey--I worked my booty off for 2 weeks, had a great week 3 on vacation, and STILL managed to lose weight (AND meet my monthly goal of a 3 pound loss!) in 21 Days.

I don't regret any of it.

The point here is that I am sharing these results with you to keep it real.
I am not perfect, but my goal here is to remain authentic and honest.
I am a real mom with a real life, and real results.

And, after all, my goal is to find the joy in progress.
If anything, this has motivated me to push harder next month, meet next month's goals, and KEEP GOING.

And to brag on the Boot Camp that wrapped up on Sunday--six of the challengers who reported their final stats lost a combined total of 40.5 pounds and 39 inches...in 21 days. That is AMAZING. The energy in that group was contagious, and it really reinforced to me that having people on your team. Who says you have to reach your goals alone? It makes it a thousand times better to go on your journey with others in your corner. If you are interested in joining my free group or a future Elite Boot Camp, please click here and I'll be in touch to get you started!

I hope you have an excellent weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3