Friday, July 10, 2015

Fitness Friday: Is 21 Day Fix a "Quick Fix?"

I am on Day 5 of 21.

21 days doesn't seem like a long time. But I will tell you when I completed a round of 21 Day Fix last November, I lost a little less than 10 pounds and about as many inches in three weeks.

I did my Day 0 weigh in on Sunday night, and jumped on the scale last night, just for fun. Surprisingly, I was down 3.5 pounds. That is with eating six times a day and working out 30 minutes a day.

That's a half a pound more than my goal loss for the entire month of July, and I did it in five days.

Statements like this are usually met with a lot of resistance.

A lot of disbelief.

A lot of skepticism.



I mean...how much can you REALLY get done in three weeks? It's gotta be some sort of quick fix, that as soon as you're done, you'll balloon right back up again...right?

There are plenty of "quick fixes" available to us should we choose to utilize them to lose weight: pills, detoxes, cleanses...you name it, you can probably find it.

I am firmly convinced that the 21 Day Fix is not one of those quick fixes.


The problem with those other products? They don't teach you anything. There is no sense of having earned your newfound strength.

And once you stop using your quick fix faithfully? Your results disappear.

The tried and true way to weight loss and healthy living: work. Good old-fashioned sweat and effort.

Eating healthy is work. Wrangling your willpower, prepping and planning ahead of time, choosing a big old salad instead of that burger...it's HARD, and people don't want to do it. That "3 Day Quick Fix" that you can plug into the end of your three weeks to really drop some weight? That is HARD, you guys.  Americans want instant gratification, and losing weight and getting healthy in, in my opinion, one of those things that can't be had or accomplished without a challenge.

Working out every day? That is WORK. I work out around 7:30 PM every night after waking up at 5:30 AM, working for 10 hours, coming home, making dinner, and spending time with my daughter and husband. Pushing play on that darn DVD is HARD at the end of the day. I'd imagine that if I went to the gym, it would be no easier--probably harder.

People want an easy way out, but I can guarantee you that NOTHING will make you feel better than working for something--to honestly and truly earn it.

So, do I think 21 Day Fix counts as a "quick fix?" Absolutely not.

Will you see results?
Yes. If you put in the work.

What can you learn in 21 days?
Healthy, sustainable habits that you can put into action every single day--even after the 21 days of workouts is done.

What can you feel in 21 days, and even after?
A thousand things.
Healthier, fitter, proud of yourself, motivated.

The big question you need to ask yourself--how will you choose to get there?

I am hosting a 21 Day Fix Boot Camp starting July 20. The group that started this past Monday is rocking and rolling, so I figured I'd throw one more big fitness party while you can still get the program for $10 if you get Shakeology. If you'd like a little extra support and accountability, fill out the form below and I'll reach out to you ASAP.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3