Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Whip It Up Wednesday: Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

Welcome to another awesome edition of Whip It Up Wednesday, where I'll be sharing yummy, healthy, family-friendly meal ideas and recipes each week!

This week's entry is a little something I whipped up last Friday night for the fam after a long day at work and the whole weekend ahead of us. A big plus: I doubled the recipe, froze the extras, and then had them for lunches for the week! I love a meal that does double-duty.


Ingredients:

6 green peppers, washed, stems and seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise
1 lb. ground turkey, browned and seasoned with the 21 Day Fix Southwestern Seasoning (or taco seasoning blend of your choice)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked brown rice (or quinoa!)
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced peppers (I used a mix of green, red, and yellow)
1 cup salsa (or more depending on how much you need to get the stuffing to hold together a bit)
Shredded cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, black beans, brown rice, onion, peppers, and salsa.
Spoon the mixture into each pepper half and arrange on a baking sheet. Top with cheese.
I cooked mine approximately 30 minutes, but you could base you cook time off of how tender you want your peppers to be. I like them to still be a little crunchy :)

Enjoy!

Psssst: Have you checked out my recipes page? 
This is an easy way to find all of the recipes I share at This Misfit Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3