Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Whip It Up Wednesday: Banana Ice Cream

Today's Whip It Up Wednesday is totally awesome because it requires one ingredient.

That's right--just ONE.

Banana whips (or banana ice cream, as Peyton likes to call it) is an awesome treat that is dairy-free, has no added sugar (depending on your add-ins), and can be totally customized with toppings or add-ins based on your preferences! For a dairy-sensitive family like ours, this recipe is the BEST during the summer months or as a quick treat. I might have even whipped up this batch for breakfast one morning. And added Christmas tree sprinkles because I couldn't find anything else in the pantry.

#bestmomever



Here's what you'll need...and once your mind is done being blown at how easy this is, you can thank me. I accept gifts of pumpkin spice coffee and books.

2 bananas, broken into pieces, frozen
Food processor.

You're welcome.


Throw your frozen banana chunks into the food processor. I have the Ninja Master Prep and I am kind of obsessed with it.


Crank up the food processor. I pulse at first to get the banana pieces broken up and crumbly, and then run that sucker until it's smooth and creamy. It will look like the photo above for a minute, but keep going! You may also need to take breaks to scrape down the sides.


Eventually, you'll get a creamy mixture. You can add some almond milk if you want it thinner, but I find that I've never really had to do that.

Optional add-ins/toppings:

Peanut Butter
Dark Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles
Shredded unsweetened coconut

And there you have it, a quick and easy sweet treat that takes all of five minutes! I keep my super-spotted or browning bananas in the freezer so I always have some on hand.

And now, the true debate: are they called "sprinkles" or "jimmies"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3