Friday, March 4, 2016

Coffee Date Friday {#1}

Happy Friday, friends!

Instead of Friday Faves, I've decided to start incorporating Coffee Date Friday into my regular posts, as a sort of catch-up time and chit chat all in one. I do want to write more personally in this space, so this is a great way to start doing that.



If we were on a coffee date...

...I'd probably be drinking a vanilla iced coffee, no sugar and milk. I am a fan of all things vanilla, and I am one of those people that will drink iced coffee in the cold even if it means holding the cup might result in a speedier case of frostbite.

...I'd tell you that I can't believe my sweet girl is going to be five years old (FIVEEE!!!) in a few months. I feel like five is HUGE. Like, I'll have a kindergartener in the fall. I'm super happy that Denny and I have agreed to keep her enrolled at her current school for kindergarten, so that transition (I am hoping and praying) will be a little smoother. For her...and maybe for me, too.



...I'd tell you that I am about 3/4 through Through the Eyes of a Lion: Facing Impossible Pain Finding Incredible Power. This book. It's so good. If you are going through a tough time--loss, pain, adversity--this is an excellent book about hope, faith, and the purpose of God in everything. Spoiler alert, because I feel like I have to: it was a little hard for me to read at first because the author speaks very candidly about his young daughter's death (which was ultimately the catalyst for the book), but oh man--this book is so good. What an excellent way to honor your daughter's memory here on earth.


...I'd share that I've also decided that now is a good a time as any to maybe start running--for fun. I'd like to run a 5k this spring, and maybe even train for a 10k this Fall? I put a question mark there because I always have good intentions, but truth time: I hate running. But it feels like a good hobby to pick up right now, so I downloaded Couch to 5K last week and I am into week 2. It helps that I finish up my runs after work with the prettiest sunsets. That's a pretty sweet reward.

I am back at tracking steps and food journaling on MyFitnessPal. I keep finding myself backsliding into emotional eating (ALL THE CARBS), and that is doing absolutely nothing for me. Time to step up my game. Runs every other day, and TurboFire on my off-run days.

source: People
...Please tell me I am not the only one watching Fuller House on Netflix.  I am totally reliving my childhood all over again. I haven't watched the whole season yet, but I am about halfway through. #unclejesse&auntbecky4ever

So, what's going on with you?
Reading any good books?
Have any good tips for a newbie runner?
Drop it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3