Friday, March 11, 2016

Coffee Date Friday {#2}

Woo hoo! Welcome to the weekend, friends!

This week was ROUGH, ya'll. Peyton was abnormally cranky in the mornings, I lost my patience more times than I care to admit, and I was constantly left feeling like there was just not enough time in the day. There were mountains of laundry to be done, dinners to be made, and things to remember to do...and I always felt lacking. I was grumpy because it was GORGEOUS outside all week and I was stuck in an office all day. Ugh, it was just not a good week. I am so grateful for this weekend to rest up, catch up, and start fresh next week. 

But first...coffee date time! I like taking the time each week to catch up, share a little bit, and find out how things in your neck of the woods are going! Feel free to share in the comments, friends--I'd love to hear what you are up to!


If we were having coffee...




...I'd tell you that I am so proud of myself because It's been two weeks and I'm still running three days a week, which is totally a new record for me when it comes to setting ANY sort of running goals (it sounds unimpressive, but to me it's a big deal). It feels darn good to step outside of my comfy little box of at-home workouts, get outside, and get running. I'm starting Week 3 of C25K on Sunday, and the momentum I've developed is a huge help. I've never been able to run for 30 seconds straight, but 90 seconds of running? Not so bad now. I'm reeeeally looking forward to increasing that time and hoping to be able to run a full 5k by the end of April.


...I'd admit that I keep toying with the idea of bringing back the Book Club. I am craving community. I am craving time spent with other women, talking books and life in general. Not only that, but there are SO many books I want to read and I'm thinking that the structure of the book club will keep me from reading every. single. book. at one time and then not absorbing any of them. Structure AND community? Yes, please.

...I'd gush over my new evening tea habit. Alllllll about that. I've been drinking chamomile tea at night before bed, and it's a nice little evening ritual. Get my tea, grab my Bible, push any icky thoughts out and just relax. I won't lie--life has been tough, but finding those few fleeting moments of quiet at the end of my chaotic days are so refreshing.



...I turn 30 three weeks from 3/17. Eek! You know what fits in that time period? Oh you know, a little round of 21 Day Fix. I am in Week 6 of TurboFire right now and loving it, but I am really fighting to break through this weight-loss plateau I find myself in--and to be totally honest, I miss having weights incorporated into my workouts. I'll be meal planning tomorrow, prepping on Sunday, and Day 1 of this "30th Birthday Edition" of 21 Day Fix starts on Monday. Cheers to turning 30 and weekly Dirty 30's!

Your turn! What's new?
Book Club--yes or no? What kind of books would you like to see?
Have a favorite tea? I want to know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3