Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#GoalDigger Series Post #3: Visualizing Success

Welcome to my third post of the #goaldigger series! Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing with you how I goalset, how to find (and keep) my motivation, how to stay on track, and how to hold yourself accountable. My life has changed BIG TIME since last March due to several of the ideas I am going to share with you. I'm so excited to help you make 2015 the best year ever.




____________________________________________________________________

You've set your goals, developed your why, and you've got those resources to help re-route you when times start getting tough. Probably one of my favorite parts of goal-setting, though, is thinking forward. 

Visualizing your goals coming to fruition makes them, in my opinion, more tangible. Picturing what life looks like once those goals are reached lights the fire in your belly just a little more. 




My three favorite ways to visualize success:

1.) Quiet time & meditation
I try to spend 15-20 minutes every morning (during my "sacred time") in perfect quiet, thinking forward and picturing what my life looks like once I've reached my goals. What am I doing? How is my family affected? What does our day look like? Jumping into the future is fun, because you can *feel* the potential there. It creates belief. YOU CAN DO THIS. In your mind, you already have done it.

2.) Affirmations
Every so often, I swap out my quiet time with affirmation-writing. It's easy. Take your goals and write them in the present, as if they have happened. For example: "I have saved $2,000 and we are taking a vacation." "I am active and present member in my church." "I am an Elite Coach." This helps put in you in that mindset. It helps you focus.

3.) Vision Boards
This one is my favorite, because it gets your creative juices flowing. Remember how you used to make collages with pictures cut out of magazines and newspapers? That's basically what a vision board is. You can make a hard copy with magazines, or you can use a photo editing program (PicMonkey is free!) to create one digitally.

Here's mine:



For the most part, my goals haven't changed since I last shared my goals with you. Except you might notice the addition of "Premiere" to the vision board...a Premiere Coach is high-performance coach who is a true leader of their organization. I want that, so now I've upped my rank advancement goal to 2 Star Diamond this year. It's a BIG, SCARY goal, but someone's gotta set one! You'll also notice that I added my goal to participate in The Color Run, my program goals, how many people I want to help this year, and how I want to find our church home (which we DID!).  That quote in the bottom center is a constant reminder about my journey...it's a slow one, but every step is shaping me and there is no rushing it. I am where I am supposed to be right now.

Ever use any of these methods to visualize success in reaching your goals? I'd LOVE to hear about it!

Next up: Staying Accountable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3