Friday, October 9, 2015

Fitness Friday {Accountability}

I just don't know what is up with me these last few weeks, but I am needing some serious direction.

That fire in my belly? That oomph? It is fizzling big time.

My goals? I have them, they just aren't carrying the same power they did a couple months ago.

The reason for that? I've lost sight of my why. Or maybe it's changed, and I'm just not making the connections any more.

In his book Start With Why, Simon Sinek writes "There are only two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it." He is talking about how companies influence customers to purchase their products and services, but the same thing holds true for my own health and fitness goals.

A goal manipulated by sub-par, at-the-surface reasoning doesn't fly. It'll crumble before your very eyes--because it just doesn't have any heft behind it. Manipulation feels cheap, and a lot like cheating.

A goal inspired by true, gut-checked emotion-fueled reason with tangible elements tied into it--now, that's a goal that'll burn in the back of your mind constantly and will drive you to keep pushing forward. To defy your own boundaries. To amaze and shock yourself with progress that you didn't think you were capable of making.

Quite honestly, I am feeling some kind of way--less stretched. Less challenged. Less driven.

Is it because I've gotten comfy with the progress I've made to date? To be 100% truthful--yes. I looked at video of myself from 2012 and it's obvious I've lost a significant amount of weight. I feel better now than I have in years. But is it enough? No--because I know I still have a LOT more work to do on myself.

Stagnancy doesn't help.
Stagnancy doesn't inspire.
Stagnancy doesn't equate to progress.

Also not helping? We are quickly approaching he two-year anniversary of learning we miscarried our second child. November 1, 2013. I'll never forget that date. I can't help but feeling tense, anxious, and sad--and I know it's OKAY to feel these things, but it certainly isn't doing me any favors.

So today, I am sitting down and hashing out some serious why-power and setting out a clear goal with tangible targets to focus on over the next three months. This truthfully couldn't come at a better time, since the Holiday Hustle {60 Days to Thrive} Boot Camp is gearing up in a week and it is forcing me to practice what I preach. To get on the same level as my boot campers. They're trusting and giving me their time and energy, I should be doing the same for myself.

Trusting myself.
Trusting the process.
Giving it my all.

So, let's get real here for a minute or two:

My why:

I am doing this because I want to fight genetics. I want to fight the instances of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, and other health conditions that are scattered throughout my family health history.

I am doing this to set an example for my young daughter--that geniuine happiness doesn't come from a number on a scale, but it comes from feeling radiantly healthy and confident from the inside out.

I am doing this for vanity reasons: I want to see what it looks like and feels like to be back at a solidly pre-baby weight and size--not hover thisclose to it for a week, squeeze my ass into a pair of six year old jeans, and call it a success. I want to be able to say I did it, and sustain it.

I am doing this to inspire....women who feel like there's no chance. Women who feel like they are stuck. Women who are no longer confident in the pure strength living deep inside their own bodies. Women who aren't sure they're capable of changing their lives. I want to prove that with support and accountability, there is truly nothing you can't do.  I can do it. You can do it. We can do it together.

The plan:

I know in my October Goals post I mentioned jumping back into #BODathon training because I am having problems committing to just one program, but I think that's part of the problem. I am not committing, I'm just fluttering here and there. I know there's a reason behind the training--#BODathon is actually on October 31, but I feel like on the days I have Insanity Asylum on the schedule and I don't have an agility ladder around I'm more likely to skip it or fail to choose an equivalent workout that requires less equipment. I am positively waiting on pins and needles for The Master's Hammer and Chisel, but that isn't until December and I need direction now.

So here's the program: T25.

Yep, I'm going back to basics. Back to the program that kickstarted this wild and crazy journey of mine, back on one of those depressing, rock-bottom, pity-party, feeling crazy sorry for yourself kind of nights back in February 2014. The first program that I ever completed from start to finish. The first time I ever proved to myself that I could do something that I truly wanted to do. The first time my feet ever hit the floor for ANYTHING at 5:00 AM. T25 is my soulmate program, and I feel like I need to go back to something that gives me that comfort and reminds me of how far I've come.

Plus it'll be fun to see how much I don't have to modify now!

The goal:

20 pounds lost. 6 pounds a month. Starting out on January 1, 2016 weighing less than I've weighed in five years, and well-ahead of any New Year's Resolutions.

Accountability:

Fridays at This Misfit Mama are for two things: favorites and fitness. On weeks I don't have a Friday Faves series to share, I'll be checking in here with progress photos, thoughts, and some honesty. I will share what is working, what sucks, and general thoughts on my progress. This is a 70-day program, and at 25 minutes a day, I have ZERO excuses to not see this thing though.

And there you have it.

A Why.

A Plan.

A Goal.

Deep breath, and here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3