Monday, October 12, 2015

On Loving Myself More

I've been finding myself feeling pretty darn sorry for myself lately. Mostly due to my struggling with my own expectations and balancing them with what I perceive as others' expectations of me. I'm a people-pleaser by nature. And it's brutal sometimes.

But what happens when as a people pleaser, you let yourself down? To be honest, I didn't really notice it much at first until it started manifesting into a general feeling of "meh." Over just about everything.

This month I am really trying to shift the focus back to me, but not in the all-me-all-the-time kind of way, but in allowing myself a little more love. I am always a huge fan of making time for yourself--especially if you're a mom, but this month it's not just all about allowing myself time.



How can you allow a little more love into your life? Here's what I'm embracing this month:

Patience
Things don't and won't happen overnight. Between me and Denny, I tend to be the most patient, but not always. Especially when I'm licking my wounds and waiting for things magically reverse themselves. Hint: they will, but not in the snap of my fingers.

Grace
I need to give myself a break every once in a while. I need to gently remind myself that I have come a long way. I am not perfect. Every step forward counts. I am human. I am grateful for this experience, because it is molding me.

Worth
I am worth this journey. I deserve to put in the work. I am worthy of living a healthy, fulfilling life, full of confidence, the aforementioned grace, and faith in myself that I can pull through and faith in God that he will see me through it.

Purpose
I am here for a reason. My God has greater plans for me than I could ever dream up. This stumble? It's there for a reason.

Time
Even if it means closing myself into a closet for 10 minutes of quiet time and reflection, I am going to take it. Time to read, pray, think...I am going to take that 10 minutes and savor them.

This time of the year is always crazy. I feel like it is some sort of crazy coincidence that, as soon as we fall into step with the new rhythm and schedule of a new school year, we are thrown into the holiday season. I won't lie, in the past I've come out on the other side of December a hot mess. But not this year! I am determined to make the rest of this year the best ever, and that'll come with a lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3