Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fitness Friday {Accountability}...on a Tuesday

Today is the official day one of my Holiday Hustle Boot Camp, and I've got a bunch that are ready and committed to rock these next 60 days. I have officially recommitted to Focus: T25 because I always tell my boot campers that I match the energy they give me, so if they are solidly with me, it's only fair that I match their level of commitment.  I shared with them last week that I so desperately needed this group myself because I have been in a funk that has been manifesting itself emotionally, mentally, and, as it turns out--physically. 
I took my starting measurements yesterday, and what I found was disheartening. Real talk: I had gain ten--TEN!--pounds since July. All of my hard work, totally blown.  My goal to lose ONLY three pounds a month? That happened in reverse. I had been feeling fluffy, but not ten pounds fluffier.
I could feel the icky feelings of inadequacy creeping in, and they stuck with me for pretty much the entire day. How could I do this? What kind of support system am I? What kind of example am I setting? I felt sorry for myself. I felt like a let-down.
So I sat, I prayed a lot, I thought a little. I wrote, just letting all those nasty thoughts fall out onto paper. I took that paper, tore it up, and threw it out.
I woke up this morning--Monday--day one.
I can fix this. I'll take ownership and personal responsibility. I am not a product of my environment; I am fully capable of making the correct choices. I am a product of my CHOICES. If anything, this gut-check has only served to remind me that this fight is the good fight. I deserve better. My boot campers deserve better.
I CAN be the example. I WILL be the example.


Please forgive the grainy photo.
I decided spare you the sight of my unmanicured toes and crop them out.

Anyway, I was supposed to post this on Friday, but I jumped on my scale on Friday morning and the battery was dead. Obviously the scale was trying to tell me something.

So here is what I'm working with as far as starting stats. I still haven't had the opporunity to take a before photo yet but I will be sure to take it this week and include it with future accountability posts.


Weight/Measurements
Starting Weight: 196.4
Right Arm: 13
Left Arm: 13
Bust: 42.75
Waist: 36.75
Hips: 43.75
Right Thigh: 25.5
Left Thigh 25.5
Right Calf: 16.5
Left Calf: 16

Meal Plan


I am not too keen on the meal plan that comes with T25 as I don't think it's enough food for me, so I am loosely following my recommended 21 Day Fix guidelines for this program and I'll adjust as necessary.

Also, I plan on following a 90%-10% rule.

90% of the time I will focus on fresh, clean, whole foods. The other 10% of the time I will allow myself that treat. I need that little bit of moderation in my life because I find restricting too much makes me WAY more likely to go off the deep end.

And after all, a major mantra of this Boot Camp is to THRIVE during the holidays, not be a miserable sack of poo because I'm torturing myself during the most wonderful time of the year. Grace and patience people, that's the name of my game.

When I completed T25 for the first time in 2014, I hadn't been incorporating Shakeology into my diet yet, so I am looking forward to seeing what making that a constant fixture in my meal plan will do for my results. I am looking forward to reporting on that when this is over!

I am also focusing on maintaining a decent water intake. I am grateful for the Aquatober Challenge starting on October 26 to get me started on a high note! Goal: 100 oz. daily.

Starting Thoughts:
I am feeling really confident and happy with my decision to re-commit to a program in its entirety--and T25 is really the perfect fit because of the time commitment during an otherwise crazy time of the year (25 minutes a day), and the sense of comfort it brings me since it's the very FIRST program I ever completed. I am looking forward to pushing myself further and working harder as I grow along with this committed bunch I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3