Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Goals

Did you ever have one of those months when you just feel like you've fallen flat? You didn't live up to your own expectations, others' expectations, and that the month was basically a giant fail? 

That is kind of how I'm feeling today. As a matter of fact, I didn't even want to post this, but for consistency and accountability's sake...here I am. 

The truth? The motivation just wasn't there to move my business forward. I was simply just not feeling it--it began feeling like work and less like fun. I could lie and give you a thousand and three excuses ("oh, new school year!" "new schedule!" "we were so busy!"), but really, deep down--I just wasn't making these goals a priority. I wasn't staying consistent, because it began feeling like a chore. And yes--while it is work, and sometimes it's hard work, I lost sight of my vision for This Misfit Mama. Too much focus on the "what" and not enough focus on the "why."

My big takeaway from all of this is that it is OKAY to have a bad day/week/month. What truly matters is that you have the self-knowledge to realize it and course correct as needed. 

This list is going to look pretty disappointing at times--at least to me--but I am going to share things that went right. 

Shining examples that even when you perceive you've fallen short, there are small reminders that you're doing something right--usually where it matters most.

September Goals


Encourage a smooth transition into the new school year for Peyton me.
We had a rough couple of first weeks with the new schedule, but overall we are adjusted, happy, and thriving at our new school environment. It was a tough decision to make to switch preschools at the last minute in August, but this choice is really working so well for our family at the moment.

Commit to a CIZE LIVE! Instructor Training Course.
It's still very much on my to-do list, but I haven't committed to a date for certfication. My own doubts are holding me back, so I need to work on some confidence to believe I can successfully be a CIZE LIVE! Instructor and bring classes to the South Jersey area. 

Buy Peyton's Halloween costume at some point in September and not wait until two weeks before Halloween.
We didn't buy the costume in September, but we did buy it on October 3. Still four weeks well ahead of Halloween and making last year's last-minute costume debacle a distant memory.

Prep for cold-weather gardening.
I had to make the decision to not make this a priority. I am still going to miss out on my fresh spinach and broccoli, but I just wouldn't have had the time to tend to it. I am going to work on a gardening schedule that will fit my lifestyle for the spring so I have no excuses.

Attend Q4 Super Saturday
Super Saturday is actually in October, not September, but due to some bad weather postponing events and activities we had already planned, it looks like I may not make it to the October event. Bummer.

#BODathon
I went back on my word and started 21 Day Fix EXTREME. And then The Master's Hammer & Chisel sneak peeks launched on BOD. So then I found myself back at the #BODathon training calendar. I am just all over the place at the moments, but I am getting 5-7 days of exercise in each week. Starting Monday, I am recommitting to the #BODathon training schedule.

Help 5 people build self-esteem and love their bodies via Boot Camp.
I didn't help as many as I planned, but I'm realizing it's not in the number, it's in the quality of support and help I can provide to each person willing to commit to a Boot Camp. So while I may not have reached my target in September, I am chatting up quite a few people for October's Holiday Hustle that I am so PUMPED for!

Wrap up my Editorial Calendar for the year.
This one is a big check! All it comes down to is making sure I have the posts actually written in time!

Advance to Emerald by the end of the month.
I didn't reach this goal, but it's okay. I know I'll reach it when I am truly ready to lead a team. In the meantime, I am been diving into personal development to learn more leadership skills and how to be the best example and role model I can so that when the time comes--I'll be more than ready.

Read 20 minutes a day.
Done! I read the Book Club's October pick, "Reconstructing Amelia" quickly (I'll be posting my review of that next week!). Then I downloaded "The Girl on the Train", which was very good, and then, like I mentioned above, tons and tons and Personal Development. My brain was happy in September, and I'm looking forward to continuing the trend in October.

October Goals

This month's goal list is a lot shorter. My Holiday Hustle Boot Camp is coming up quickly, and it's my goal to devote a large chunk of my attention to these boot campers. They are committing to 60 days with me, and I intend to give equal effort on my end.

Reconstruct my WHY to give me a clear drive for reaching my goals and to help me grow.
Back to basics for this girl. I need to figure out why September made me feel like  

Begin writing an eBook.
Once of my 2016 goals is to release an eBook JUST for my followers. It's still in the very early brainstorming stages right now, but I would at least like to get an outline assembled during the month of October. This is a lofty goal with everything else going on this month, but I am setting these goals-within-a-goal now so that I am prepared to hit the ground running in 2016.

Prioritize.
I'd like to take a very close look at where my time is going, and then deciding if it is propelling me forward in any of the following categories: 
  • spiritual growth
  • family growth
  • physical growth and health
  • mental growth
If it isn't moving me forward on any of the above, it is getting cut. Moving into the holiday season, the amount of free time I have drastically decreases, so I need to get mine and my families needs prioritized now in order to truly rock these next few months and come out on the other side of Christmas with all my marbles.

Convert our third bedroom into an office space.
I successfully cleared out the clutter with an epic yard sale in September, so now I'd like to begin the planning stages of converting that third bedroom into an office so it will be less of a junk graveyard and more of a useful space for our family--namely for myself. Eventually we'll most a bed into that room to make it an office/guest room combo, but in the meantime I really need a dedicated place to work so that I can set up shop, focus, and increase my productivity time. I have been working off our couch for the longest time, but I feel like the distractions there lead me to dividing my attention a little too much and allows me less time to be laser-focused.

Cook with pumpkin once a week.
It's officially fall--why the heck not?!

Start Christmas shopping.
I wanted to start in October and have everything purchased and wrapped one week before Christmas. This will be such a relief!

So there you have it: a recap of September's goals and a public declaration of my October goals. I am totally enjoying the Fall season this year, and slowly entering crazy person territory because I know Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't far behind! Summer may be my favorite season, but there is something so magical about September through December. It is really my favorite time of the year and I am looking forward to every delicious second of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep it bright and positive, friends. xoxo <3